Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Winter sets in

Dear Friends, I pray this finds you well. I woke up very early this morning and decided to go for a long walk. Just 1 kilometer into my walk I decided to turn back and head home because I could not stand the cold air brushing on my face. On my way back I met a number of kids already up and on their way to school, chatting noisily oblivious of the cold. I just laughed in my heart and I remembered the times that I too would not mind the cold as long as I was in great company with friends walking to school. The past few days have given me sometime to put certain things into perspective. We had friends visiting from the US for the first time to Africa and Zimbabwe and each moment I spent with them made me realize the importance of following our passions which ultimately make us realize and live the will of God for our lives. I was stunned by how we got to meet them and to hear the story that led them to come to Africa and to Zimbabwe. This is heart breaking stuff and to believers of the word of God out there, I would say you do not need to see angels in the sky for you to believe that God is there but you need to be aware of the faith enhancers that He sends our way. Through their visit I am excited that our volunteer program has kicked off and log onto our website to see how this is working. We are looking forward to be hosting people from diverse backgrounds and countries as they come to volunteer their time, skills and offer resources to help the children in need. Until next time, love and prayers from the fun capital, Harare! Patrick " One hundred years from today people should not care about what my bank account was, the car I drove, the house I lived in but the difference I would have made in the world" Patrick Makokoro

No comments:

Post a Comment