Friday, March 16, 2012

Pioneering mission

Dear friends, This week has been filled with some interesting insights of where the organization is heading. Part of our thrust and faith is that we should serve people. Thinking of this more made me realize that being a servant is not the easiest thing to do. You are called upon to make very very difficult choices and at most times you have to forgo certain pleasures as you serve other people. To me serving means giving of my time, my skills, knowledge, helping with physical work or sacrificing financial resources for causes that I believe I'm. I have found that in dong so I have learnt and grown a whole lot more as opposed to the days when I just used to expect things to happen for me. One of the things that I am so thrilled about is the ability to model our lives and be able to disciple people through the actions and not just the talk. Today I want to challenge you as you read this, working with us at Nhaka Foundation is not about giving funds towards the programs. You may be out there and saying well ai wish I could help in some way that is not financial. Indeed there is something you can do,like I always say we need all hands on deck. What are to good at doing? How much time do you have to do that which you are good at with a charitable objective in mind? Send me an email patrick@nhakafondation.org and we can discuss this. The reality of the matter is we each have a role to play in this work and it is not purely through giving of financial resources only. Let's join hands and make a difference in the lives of the orphaned children in Zimbabwe. Why pioneering mission? On Thursday morning I felt being called to embark on a pioneering mission to reach out to you all and be able to have face to face meetings, discussions, talks and the like. The form and nature of this is yet to be concretized but this is something that is now on my heart. If you have any ideas on how to further develop this please do send me an email through the various links we have on the Nhaka Foundation website or email above. Thank you very much to all the Nhaka Friends who have been sending us emails, prayers and thoughts. Thanks once again for visiting our Facebook page and for those who haven't please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Today we are launching the 100 likes campaign on Facebook. Go on tell someone about the work we are doing and invite them to like our Facebook page. Till next time, happy blogging. Patrick To change ones life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions. -William James

No comments:

Post a Comment